top of page

Frequently Asked Questions


Below is a list of common questions, contact us if you need further clarification or if you do not see your question addressed here:






What do I do if I receive a notice from the IRS about my taxes?

Don’t panic! the first thing to do is carefully read the notice—to determine why it was sent, what the IRS is requesting, and what they want you to do. It may be nothing of importance; it may even be a notice in your favor. After reading it you should bring it to our attention.




How do I find out about my refund?

Click Here! To look up the status of your federal or state refund, you will need your social security number, filing status, and exact amount you’re expecting back.




How long do I keep my records and tax returns?

You should keep your records and tax returns for at least 3 years from the date the return was filed or the date the return was required to be filed, whichever is later. It is recommended that you keep these records longer if possible.




What is the child tax credit?

The child tax credit is a credit per child from the IRS. In order to qualify the child must: 1. Be under 17 at the end of the tax year 2. Be a citizen of the United States 3. Be your child 4. Live with you for more than half the year 5. Not be treated as the qualifying child of someone else.




What do I need to bring when I am having my taxes prepared?

Following is a list of the more common items you should bring if you have them.


- Wage statements (Form W-2)

- Pension, or retirement income (Forms 1099-R)

- Dependents' Social Security numbers and dates of birth

- Last year's tax return - Information on education expenses

- Information on the sales of stocks and/or bonds

- Self-employed business income and expenses

- Lottery and/or gambling winnings and losses

- State refund amount - Social Security and/or unemployment income

- Income and expenses from rentals

- Record of purchase or sale of real estate

- Medical and dental expenses

- Real estate and personal property taxes

- Estimated taxes or foreign taxes paid

- Cash and non-cash charitable donations

- Mortgage or home equity loan interest paid (Form 1098)

- Unreimbursed employment-related expenses

- Job-related educational expenses

- Child care expenses and provider information And any other items that you think may be necessary for your taxes.

bottom of page